Dear members and friends of our club,
Now that all the snow is gone everyone is getting anxious to ride, however we need to follow the rules.
- Please always make sure you follow the By-Laws for your area.
- Don’t trespass. If the trail is not on our map (available at all sales locations) and it is not your own property you should not be there.
- Stay on the trails marked by signage from our club.
- Always check if the trails are open via our website or call us before going out.
- Make sure you read and understand the rules of ATVing covered by the Off Road Vehicles Act and Regulation 316/03 which can be found on the https://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/index.html
- You can get more information on https://ontario.ca/atv or at https://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/263826331.4.pdf
To know the Rules and Regulations we recommend reading the following:
Ontario Ministry of Transportation Smart Ride Safe Ride
Ontario Regulation 316/03: OPERATION OF OFF-ROAD VEHICLES ON HIGHWAYS
Off-Road Vehicles Act. R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 863
Occupiers’ Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.2
We would also like to remind everybody that snowmobile trails are not ATV trails and should not be used unless the local ATV club has secured a land use agreement with local landowners. Using unsanctioned land will only cause permanent loss of trails for everybody.